Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The manuscripts fall within one of the four TESL Canada Journal submission categories.
. Full-length Research Article (max. 8,000 words, including notes, tables, figures, and appendices, excluding . references)
. In the Classroom (max. 3,500 words, excluding references)
. Perspectives (max 3,500 words, excluding references)
. Book/Materials Review (Max. 1000 words, excluding references)
- This manuscript is (a) not currently under consideration by another journal, (b) not in the press, and (c) not previously published.
The data in this manuscript (a) have not been used in a different manuscript currently under consideration by another journal, (b) are not in press, and (c) have not been previously published.
If the data in this manuscript have been used elsewhere, please explain:
- If this manuscript reports research with human participants, effective measures have been taken to ensure protection for research participants.
- Permissions to reprint previously published materials (e.g., tables, figures from a published source) are attached.
- The text is in Microsoft Word Format, Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, with 1’ margins on all sides; notes are at the end of the text and not in the form of footnotes.
- Page numbers have been inserted, but no other header or footer has been used.
- The manuscript has been formatted according to the conventions of the most recent edition of the American Psychological Association Publication Manual (https://www.apastyle.apa.org/)
- All direct quotes from another published source have been acknowledged, with quotation marks and correct citations (Author, date, page numbers).
- All in-text citations have been included in the reference list, which is formatted according to APA style (https://www.apastyle.apa.org/). The reference list contains only hose works cited in the text.
- DOIs have been included in the reference list.
- URLs to access references online are provided, current, and read to click (e.g., https://www.teslcanadajournal.ca/).
- All illustrations, diagrams, figures, and tables are places within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- All illustrations, diagrams, figures, and tables, if included, are in a publication-ready electronic format.
- To facilitate blinded review, the title page, acknowledgement, running headers, and any references to the authors have been removed. References to works by author(s) should be listed at the beginning of the References as Author (Year).
- If this manuscript is accepted, a biography (max. 50 words each) for the author(s), as well as acknowledgements, if appropriate, will be provided.
- If this manuscript is accepted, all images will be submitted as individual files in a graphic format such as JPG, PDF, or EPS. Note: The resolution for those images must be a minimum of 300 dpi, and all fonts must be embedded.
- I understand that the manuscript will be submitted to Turnitin to identify any degree of similarity that may constitute plagiarism.
- In the comment for editor section provide name and contact information for three potential reviewers (Potential reviewers should be arm’s length, should not have worked or published with you in the past 5 years, and not from your home institution)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.